After analyzing mechanism and causes of refractory brick damage, then we can take corresponding countermeasure and measure according to these reasons to reduce the damage, so as to achieve purpose of extending service life of refractory brick.
According to the explanation of our technical staff, we know the cause of refractory brick physical damage and chemical damage ash and kiln skin erosion thin, mechanical damage and the refractory brick masonry quality. That is to say to extend the service life of refractory bricks in burning zone, in addition to select suitable suppliers, shall be laid a good grasp of building quality, maintain the skin at the kiln during operation. The specific measures taken are as the following two aspects.
On the one hand, maintaining the quality of laying refractory brick.
- Cement ratio and dilute the appropriate thick. Specific detection method is easy to spread the cement shop into the brick, and can not flow. Too thick is not easy to spread too thin, is easy to flow; Two is in a brick on the fire clay, pressure on another brick slightly strong kneading, and then lift up the brick body, the brick below belt, that the proper proportion of cement.
- The front of refractory brick to be close to the cylinder. Between the brick and the cylinder body cannot pad fireclay and other debris. In the pool of fireclay brick, in front stretcher rectangular to leave 1-2 cm position does not stand in the cement, upward pressure brick, end close to the cylinder pressure to the fireclay, knead move, make cement covered the face brick, a small amount of excess cement extruded from the bricks and the small end of the big two, brick end matter stick cylinder. Brick joints cannot be greater than 1.5mm. Check brick facet, row not up, wrapping phenomenon.
- The top tight top bar. In half of the circumference of the masonry, with top carry to brick top tight, rotary kiln bricks on the other half of the week, when the top bar must be the top tight. Some cube material should be laid between brick and the top bar, to avoid damage of refractory brick. Method to check whether the roof top bar tension is, when the top bar with the rotation of the cylinder to check the cylinder top brick not flagging lock position, if the sagging phenomenon, in the kiln and kiln refractory during the relative displacement caused by mechanical damage to the refractory brick.
On the other hand, hanging up and maintain kiln coating. We suggest taking the following measures.
1. For kiln operation training and guidance. Before firing, give the workers a training about kiln operation. Clearly pointed out that in any case, hang up and maintain good kiln crust is mainly the responsibility of kiln. At the same time about operating method under different conditions to them, in the actual operation, according to the kiln to give operation guidance and comments in a timely manner, to carry out technical exchanges between operations, and constantly improve the technological level of operation.
2. Coal spraying pipe should be put in the proper position which tending to the lowr side is the best.
3. Improving technology level.
4. Proper proportioning solution: the quantity of liquid phase resistance is suitable in 22-24%. Too low is not easy to hang kiln skin, too much can narrow the range of sintering temperature, silicate minerals reduce, not conducive to the operation and improve the quality of clinker.
More details about Refractory fire bricks
What is firebrick used for?
A fire brick is a block of refractory ceramic material used in lining furnaces, kilns, fireboxes, and fireplaces. A refractory brick is designed mainly to withstand high heat, but should also usually have a low thermal conductivity to save energy.
What makes fire bricks special?
The main ingredient in fire bricks is fireclay, which contains mostly alumina and silica, elements capable of withstanding high temperatures. Hard bricks are available in several grades, depending on their composition and properties, which determine the most efficient use of them in construction.
What is firebrick made from?
Principal raw materials for firebrick include fireclays, mainly hydrated aluminum silicates; minerals of high aluminum oxide content, such as bauxite, diaspore, and kyanite.
What is the difference between fire brick and regular brick?
Because firebrick, also known as refractory brick or heat-resistant brick, is made of materials like alumina and silica, it can retain its integrity even after exposure to extreme temperatures. Common brick has some moderate heat-resistance, but cannot withstand high temperatures without deterioration.