How to Prolong Service Life of Slag Line Magnesia Carbon Brick
In order to improve the service life of slag line magnesia carbon brick, please pay attention to the following matters:
1. Adopt high purity raw material and suitable additives, make sure the apparent porosity of magnesia carbon brick is no more than 3 percent, the carbon content in slag line magnesia carbon brick should be no less than 14 percent.
2. Ensure high bulk density.
3. Strictly control the appearance quality of slag line magnesia carbon bricks, make sure the connection between each two bricks and each layer are good, and decrease the possibility of slag erosion along brick joints.
4. Use brine to mix magnesium powder to fill the brick joints during brickwork to decrease the possibility of slag erosion along brick joints.
5. Use more mortar or other filling material in the corners.